The Biovetrex formula demonstrates exceptionally rapid microbiocidal action. Most pathogenic organisms are killed within 2 minutes or less following application. There is no known microbial resistance to Biovetrex.
The Biovetrex formula is clinically proven to reduce wound bioburden levels and improve the rate of healing.
Environmentally Friendly: Biovetrex does not leave any toxic residues or byproducts. Biovetrex chemically breaks down into salt and water and is completely safe for disposal in the public sewer system.
- Cleanse affected area with appropriate skin cleanser.
- Allow to dry.
- Apply a thin coating of Biovetrex Antimicrobial Skin & Wound Gel.
- Reapply as necessary.
- Remove hair from affected site.
- Debride wound, if necessary or cleanse wound with a wound cleanser such as Biovetrex Antimicrobial Skin and Wound Cleanser.
- Apply a generous amount (1/4 “ to 1/2 “thick) of Biovetrex Antimicrobial Skin and Wound Gel to entire wound bed, including areas of undermining.
- Apply a thin coating to peri-wound skin area and allow to dry.
- Cover with appropriate wound dressing or covering (avoid silver and other wound dressings containing heavy metals).
- Change dressing once a day. Maintain a moist wound environment between dressing changes.