The StayAway automatic pet deterrent protects your porch, patio, potted plants, and countertops. Just place it in the area you want to protect, and the StayAway does the rest. When a cat approaches the area, the StayAway responds with a warning sound and a brief spray of "compressed air" to warn your pet away. Once your cat learns to recognize the warning sound, you can switch to the "sound only" mode to conserve compressed air for an even more economical solution.The StayAway:
- keeps cats away from protected areas
- detects motion up to three feet (one meter) away
- combines sound with "compressed air" for an odorless deterrent
- operates up to 200 times on a single, replaceable canister of "compressed air"
- the motion sensor and spray are separately adjustable so they can be positioned precisely
The StayAway automatic pet deterrent uses a passive infrared sensor to detect an animal within its one-meter zone, and responds with a warning sound and a brief, harmless spray of compressed air.
To set up the StayAway, simply place the unit in the area you want to protect, (for example kitchen counters, potted plants, etc.). Turn on the sound/spray, and wait a few seconds for the motion detector to stabilize. The StayAway is now set to go.
For the first few days, use the combined sound/spray mode. When the motion detector detects a cat's movement, it will first respond with a sound, followed by the spray of air. After a few encounters with the StayAway, most cats will decide that the sound is enough to warn them from off-limit areas.