equitrX® is composed of a cross linked, modified hyaluronic acid, and provides a suitable environment to facilitate cell migration, thereby enhancing wound healing and leaving less room for scarring. It is effective in enhancing wound healing by providing a matrix for cellular events that is required for normal healing to occur. equitrX® wound treatment spray can be used for acute or chronic and post surgical or traumatic wounds to the skin of horses.Administration:
- Use gloves to assure sterility and cleanliness.
- Properly clean (e.g., Betadyne) the injured site where the equitrX will be placed.
- Spray product to completely cover wound site.
- After spray material is in place, the wound may be wrapped and/or bandaged, or not, as per normal treatment of wounds.
- In young, healthy horses with a fresh, uncomplicated wound, a single daily application at the time of bandage change will be sufficient to enhance wound closure. For older animals or ones that are in poor health, or for wounds that have been chronically unresponsive to various therapies, multiple applications for weeks or months may be necessary.
DO NOT FREEZE. Product should be stored at room temperature, away from a heat source, or may be stored in a refrigerator. If stored in a refrigerator, product should be allowed to warm to room temperature prior to use.Ingredients:
Water, Hyasent-S, sodium chloride, disodium phosphate, potassium chloride, potassium phosphate.