- Performance Dogs: strangeness joints and soft tissues. Finally, joints can keep up with exercise!
- Older Dogs: Shifts metabolism toward greater cartilage buildup than breakdown.
- Large Breed Dogs: Creates a biochemical environment favoring cartilage formation better able to keep pace with growth.
Natural Willow Bark Extract: For thousands of years white willow (salix alba) bark has been a popular natural support botanical. Hippocrates (the father of modern medicine) wrote about willow bark use for joint mobility and comfort 2,500 years ago. Willow bark contains salicin, which converts to salicylic acid in the body. Man-made aspirin is derived from salicylic acid. Natural willow bark’s salcylates may interact with a number of drugs and herbs. Talk to your veterinarian to see if willow bark extract is right for your dog.
Willow may not be right for dogs with any of the following conditions:
• Sensitivity to aspirin or salicylates
• Taking NSAIDs
• Anticoagulant or beta blocker intake
• Pregnant or nursing females
• Not for puppies or dogs under one year of age